New Python package for higher-order interactions!
XGI: Comple(X) (G)roup (I)nteractions
Comple(X) (G)roup (I)nteractions (XGI) is a new Python package for the representation, study and visualization of complex systems composed by units that interact in groups of arbitrary size (not necessarily in dyads). Strongly inspired by NetworkX, XGI allows the user to encode higher-order interactions into hypergraphs and simplicial complexes (see [Phys. Rep. 2020] for a comprehensive review on the topic —or a 3 min summary).
Core XGI team members:
- Social contagion on higher-order structures
- Group interactions modulate critical mass dynamics in social convention
- Influential groups for seeding and sustaining nonlinear contagion in heterogeneous hypergraphs
- The physics of higher-order interactions in complex systems
- How can minorities of regular individuals overturn social conventions?